|Add to Favorites||Print this Article|
Configure Mac Entourage email
In order to send and receive E-mail through your website hosted with FastWebEngine, you can configure Entourage for Mac OS X as your E-mail client with the following required settings. This step-by-step tutorial will demonstrate how to make the necessary changes so that you will be sending and receiving E-mail quickly and conveniently.
Start by configuring Entourage with your new E-mail account so that Entourage will check E-mail services hosted by FastWebEngine (The following steps bypass the Setup Assistant) - Let's begin:
With Entourage open, click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen and then click on Accounts.
When the Accounts window opens, click the New button in the upper-left corner of the window and select Mail.
When the Account Setup Assistant box appears select the Configure account manually button at the bottom of the window.
When the New Account box appears select either POP or IMAP for your server type. If you are not certain which one to select, POP is the most common setting. Click OK.
The Edit Account box will now appears - this is where you will configure the bulk of your account settings. In this window you will enter the following information:
- Account Name: Enter a description for the e-mail account you will be using
- Name: Enter your full name
- Email Address: Enter the E-mail address that has been configured with FastWebEngine
- Account ID: Enter your FULL E-mail Address - this is your username to log into the mail server (also used with Webmail)
- POP Server: Enter your incoming mail server - typically mail.yourdomainname.xyz (.com, .net, .org etc.) - Remember to change the "yourdomainname" to the domain that you are hosting with FastWebEngine
- Password: Enter the password for the E-mail address that you are configuring
- SMTP Server: Enter your outgoming mail server - typically mail.yourdomainname.xyz (.com, .net, .org etc.) - Remember to change the "yourdomainname" to the domain that you are hosting with FastWebEngine
Click OK in the Edit Account window.
Close the Accounts window to save your settings.
Step 6 - We're Finished:
You should now be able to send and receive E-mail using your account hosted with FastWebEngine.
***If you are not successful sending email, you may have to use your Internet Service Provider's Outgoing E-mail Server ("SMTP" or Outgoing Server Setting in "Step 5"). Some Intenet Service Provders (ISP) block standard SMTP service ports to prevent users from hosting email servers on their Internet connections. Please contact your Internet Service Provider in order to learn what their specific configuration settings are.
For Further Assistance:
Please submit a support ticket through the Client Portal if you require further assistance or experience any issues.